Rotary Geared Limit Switch
|Number of Switch Positions||2 to 4|
|Usage/Application||Crane, Hoist and other Material Handling Equipment|
|Switch Type||Rotary Limit Switch|
|Warranty||12 months company warranty|
Used in control circuits of cranes, hoists, winches and other drive mechanism where bi-directional travel of the mechanism is to be sensed at certain predetermined positions. The shaft extension of the rotary geared limit switch is coupled with the shaft of the hoist/ winch rope drum. The gear ratio of the switch is selected in such a way that the total revolutions of the rope drum for winding/unwinding the full working length of hoist rope, turns the cam shaft of the limit switch by less than 360 degree.
Special Features :
- Single Break contact with high quality Silver cadmium oxide contact tips having arc-retarding and anti-welding properties.
- Provided with specially treated oil resistance rubber gaskets at all the joints in the switch to make it completely dust proof.
- Universal design for both AC DC application.
- Contact carrying fingers are of high grade phenolic fibrous molding material having electrical and mechanical properties.
- Resistance to extreme shock and vibratory conditions.
- Ease of maintenance, reliability of performance, ensuring long life.
- Operating mechanism = Coupled with rotating shaft of rope drum /gear box /motor.
- No. of contacts = 2/4
- Gear ratio = 1:48.
- Rated voltages = Up to 500V AC.
- Permissible cont. current = 10 AMPs
- Breaking current = 500V AC-5A.
- Contact breaks = SINGLE breaks
- Contact tips = Silver cadmium oxide
- Enclosure = IP-55.
- Body = Cast iron body with Cast Aluminum cover
- Electrical life = 2 lacks operations
- Mechanical life = 5 lacks operations
- Ambient Temperature = 55 degree centigrade
- Permissible Switching = 600 operations per hour.